Stop by and see Colleen at Baby Makes Five and check out her Fall giveaway! Don't you just love that witch?? Kind of puts me in the fall mood (even though it will be 106 today! )
Have you ever done a project and wondered 'why didn't I do this sooner?' That's me with this back splash. We have been casually talking about it for a couple of years and seriously since October. We bought 2 samples of what we wanted back then. But I wasn't quite ready to commit. Why didn't I want to commit? Well, we have very little wall space in our kitchen and I was worried about having even less room to hang things. And the tile is going to be there for a long, long time! What if I don't like it?? But I shouldn't have worried too much since the back splash makes the room look so much brighter and bigger. Frankly, I don't care about hanging things when something looks this good! I can't believe how much that brown paint sucked the light out of the room. Even when we had the lights on. I think it makes the cabinets looker brighter and better. It really sets off the counter tops. I want to keep the counters clutter free now. Ah, the things ...
Join Melissa @ 320 Sycamore for her My Favorite Things party. Here are my favorite things: David Cook. The CD. Still lovin' it. Listen to it a lot. It's good. Very good. Philosophy Lip Gloss. I have the melon daiquiri flavor and love it. It's shiny AND stays on. Tastes good, too. About $12. Electric Pepper Mill. How did I live without this? Really. You can find one like this at Crate & Barrel for about $40 or so. Peets Coffee . I talk about Starbucks a lot because we don't have a Peets here. It's really the best in my opinion. Luckily you can find it in the grocery store for about $14/lb -or less when it's on sale. You know that's when I buy it! :) Measuring cups. I have these from Williams-Sonoma. I love them. I think it's my favorite thing in my kitchen. At least one of them. And one I use almost daily. It took a while for me to break down and buy them but I have to admit that it's the best $30 I have ever spent. When Little Miss moves us...
I bought this candle holder years ago, right after we moved to Arizona. To be honest, I never really cared for it. So I stuck it on our pot shelf, way up and out of the way. I bought it because it was that rustic, southwest-y look that was so popular 10 or 11 years ago. Even though it was not my style. When I was redoing my pot shelf a week or so ago I took down that candle holder with the intention of donating it to the Goodwill. But it's a great size; tall and kind of chunky. I figured I would keep it but I still didn't like it. Enter my friend, Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze spray paint. I figured I'd give it a shot and see how I liked it after a couple of coats of this beauty. I kind of like it. Alot. I should have done this years ago! I stuck the red and white candle on top because the colors work but I am not wild about it. I'll look around for something that I like better but for now it's so much bette...
Comments