People in Las Vegas don't sleep...

This was uttered by a little girl at 4:45 am on Saturday morning as she pulled open the curtains of our hotel room on the 12th floor, filling our previously dark and quiet room with all the lights on the strip. Now I was up, too. 'What do you mean'? I ask, as dad contined to sleep. 'Look at all the cars out there.' Sure enough, Flamingo Road was hopping. Should these folks be driving, I wondered?

We met my husband on Friday night in Las Vegas for the evening. He was there for a trade show and then off to CA for a race so we wanted to spend a bit of time with him. Saturday he left and we headed to Target and the mall. It was a productive shopping trip - too productive some might say. But I did get more Christmas shopping done and I am 'this close' to being finished. That is mainly because I am doing alot of baking this year - especially for the grandparents. As I am walking through the Christmas section in target I just kept thinking, do we really need all these adorable decorations? I mean, who doesn't have bins and bins of Christmas decorations? I know I do. Last year I actually tossed some things I haven't used for years and was able to get rid of one whole bin. And I haven't filled it back up yet. :) There are some beautiful things out there that's for sure.

Friday night we dined at Margaritaville. It was my first trip there. The food was yum-o and the atomosphere was lots of fun. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you have your kids with you. It was really entertaining- they have people on stilts walking around making balloon sculptures - most of which are made into hats so you can wear them all night. My daughter loved her sculpture - a big pink heart. It is kind of noisy so it's not really a romantic type of restaurant. They play Jimmy Buffet music - of course - so how bad can it be. Oh, and I appeared to be the only person in the place drinking wine! The man on the stilts let me know that.

We arrived home about 7:30 pm on Sat evening and Little Miss was fast asleep. She woke up when I was taking her jumper off in the bedroom and said "I can't go to bed, I'm too tired." And she slept until 7:40 this morning. That's what happens when you get up at 4:45 am....

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
Sounds like a fun trip.
I also went through and purged the Christmas decos last year. I try and keep them to a minimum so it isn't a huge storage issue the rest of the year. Of course, every year I seem to add something new. I'm a total sucker for those 75% off after Christmas sales :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas