Baby, it's cold outside...

Yes, it's even cold in Arizona. The above photo is from Flagstaff which is about 3 hours away. They had a foot of snow yesterday and are expecting more today. As for my town, we have had rain for 2 of the last 3 days. Very unusual for us. And when I was coming home this morning from taking the dog to the vet it was 43 degrees. Now I know some of you would love to see 43 but that's really cold for us. This will likely be our cold spell for the winter. I have to say that I enjoy it being a little cooler sometimes and the rain is always welcome since we get so little (I think we average less than 3 inches a year - yes, you read that right. Crazy, isn't it?) We are really getting into the Christmas spirit now.

We have moved our camper up to the mountains - about an hour from here. It is on the property of our friends who have a cabin up there. We plan to go this weekend and I am so excited. They also have gotten snow up there which will be really fun for the kids to play in. I am going to bring a gingerbread kit up with us so the girls can work on that when they aren't playing in the snow. Just like a real winter. And so close to Christmas. I hope we can go up alot while the camper is there. I would keep it up there forever if I could (nothing like imposing on your friends, huh?)

My Christmas present is being installed as I write this. I will post pictures tomorrow hopefully. I won't keep you in suspense - I am getting cabinets in my dining area. Pantry style cabinets with a DESK and a bench (like you would have in a mud room). I am so, so excited to have these installed! I love cabinets.... Merry Christmas to me. :)

I had to run to Kmart after dropping off the dog to get a few things. As I was leaving the nice sales clerk said 'Merry Christmas'. What a nice change from 'Happy Holidays'. I think a lot of folks are finally rebelling against the 'Happy Holidays' thing. Finally...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kitchen Backsplash Reveal...

My Favorite Things....

How do you like me now?