Advent Calendars...

I found a cute wooden sleigh at Michaels (using my 40% off coupon) to use as an advent calendar this year. The finished product is below with the original look at the very bottom. I am so excited at how it turned out. Little Miss is enjoying it too.

I used red paint I had on hand (latex) for the sleigh. The rails were painted with silver paint and then a second coat of 'glitter' paint made them look glittery. I had never seen glitter paint before and was so thrilled to come across it. I detest glitter since it always gets everywhere but this paint it wonderful.
The knobs are also painted with glitter paint. I used a stencil & a silver pen for the numbers and rub-ons for a little pizazz. I wrapped empty jewelry boxes with silver wrapping paper to put on top of the sleigh.

Each drawer holds a little goody. I used quarters, small chocolates and hair barrettes. I also put small pieces of paper in some of the drawers (later in the month, after Christmas vacation starts) saying things like: 'Let's make a gingerbread house', 'Let's make cookies (your choice)' & 'Let's go to the park today.'
What sort of advent calendar do you use?

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
Looks great. Glitter paint, who knew? I'll have to look for that
:0)
kimbosue said…
CUTE! I bought one at an after Christmas sale last year (Before Miles was born) from Target. It's a 3 car train! For now, it's just a table decoration. Next year it will be full of goodies!

LOVE the glitter paint!

Popular posts from this blog

The Kitchen Backsplash Reveal...

My Favorite Things....

How do you like me now?