Pumpkin makeover...

I have had this pumpkin for a couple of years (it's a craft pumpkin from Michaels) and decided it needed a makeover.  I didn't want to do anything permanent since I like the light blue color.  It was white when I purchased it.  I then painted it blue and added a bit of glitter.



For this new update I added some orange glittery ribbon to the pumpkin.  I just used glue dots to stick one end of the ribbon to the top and one end to the bottom.  This way it is removable.


 I made the banner on the computer using Power Point.  I printed the banner on white typing paper and cut out the pennant shape.  I then glued the paper to a cheez-it box (very thrifty of me and sturdier than card stock) I cut into the pennant shape.


 I added the ribbon, stamped images and swirl attachment for a little more interest.  I then hung the pennant on the stem of the pumpkin.


A new twist on an old pumpkin.  And the best part?  It didn't cost me a dime - I used things I already had.  Something else to be thankful for....

Linking up to Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors & Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas