Eat Your Veggies...

Today is Life as Mom's ultimate recipe swap. And the topic is Veggies. Most of us don't eat enough and I know I am always looking for new and exciting things to do with them. My family gets bored easily so a new twist on an old favorite is always welcome. One of our family favorites is this easy, easy sweet potato recipe. And they're not sick of it yet!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

1 sweet potato
1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp brown sugar

Cut the potato in wedges, toss with oil, sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. When you take out of the oven toss them again and enjoy.

Notes: You can double or triple (or more) this. I often put them in the microwave for about 3-4 min to cut down the actual roasting time and they still taste great. I have only ever made these in a Pampered Chef baking stone pan so the times are based on that. I am not really sure if another pan would cook differently or not. But it is a really easy recipe and if you keep an eye on it the first time you make it you'll figure out what works best for you.

Comments

SnoWhite said…
roasted sweet potatoes are my favorite!! I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow :)
annies home said…
this would be a great recipe to add to the menu because we are wanting to eat healthier
Laurie Anne said…
I didn't think I like sweet potatoes until had some sweet potato fries. Soooo yummy :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas