Happy Valentine's Day...

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Author Unknown
Well said, although I never really thought of it that way. :) I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day. I got a nice surprise today: the door bell rang and a man was standing there with not one but two baskets of flowers. All I am thinking is 'I hope he's got the right house'. Sure enough, the lovely baskets were for my daughter and me, from my dad. How sweet is that? So it is smelling & looking nice in our house now.
We leave tomorrow for a hockey tournament; my daughter's first. My husband is the coach so I am sure things will go well but I am a bit nervous since this is the first time she has played a game with kids she hasn't known all of her life (the kids on the other team). My husband says not to worry, lots of girls play hockey. Yes, lots of girls who aren't my daughters. So our Valentine's Day will be spent at the rink - romantic, yes? I am sure my husband thinks so. I am looking forward to this though. The tournament is in the greatest place with the rink in this huge park and they serve the BEST food. Yes, I am going for the food. I admit it.
I'll be back after the weekend. Have a good one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas