Halloween fun....

Here are a few shots of our Halloween weekend.

We had some friends over for pumpkin carving on Friday night. I wanted to make a fun dessert for the girls and happen to catch Sandra Lee on Good Morning America with her semi-homemade ideas. The graveyard below is crushed chocolate cookies (I used the outside of the oreo- just tossed the cream inside), Swiss rolls (or hoho's) on the top of the 'dirt', chocolate frosting spread on the rolls to hold more 'dirt' in place. Graham crackers make the headstone. No sugar overload here!

Little Miss getting the 'guts' out of her pumpkin.
The finished product.


LM on her way out to trick or treat. Complete with 'glow' jewelry. It's all the rage here. She went as Alex from 'Wizards of Waverly Place'.


LM and her friend Sarah @ Sarah's church's 'trunk or treat'. They had a bouncy house & cotton candy there. Because we didn't have enough sugar in the little plastic pumpkin.

A fun time was had by all. And we'll likely have enough candy to last us until Valentine's Day...

Comments

Pamela said…
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I really enjoyed reading a few of your most recent entries and I'll be back to read some more later today. LOVE your pumpkin! How did you do that - did you paint the whole thing black? The Peppermint Patty spiders are so cool for Little Miss to take to her class and I have to say, a Barbie camper would definitely get my vote. I remember my sister and I got hours of fun out of ours. Have a wonderful week!
Debra said…
Our pumpkin was still orange but we turned off the lights for the picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas