Happy Homemaker Monday...

The weather in my neck of the woods: Supposed to be sunny and 71 today.

One of my simple pleasures: A cup of green tea. I like to have one everyday, first thing. If I don't have it, I feel 'off'. I am sure it's in my head but it works.

On my bedside table: 'First Things First' by Kurt & Brenda Warner

On my TV: Fox & Friends (news)

On the menu for tonight : Quesadillas (we have hockey tonight so it's quick and easy)

On my to do list: Jazzercise, grocery shop, change sheets, work, take LM to religion classes, take LM to hockey practice

New recipe I tried last week: nothing

In the craft basket: Christmas gift tags

Looking forward to: Taking LM to see Santa on Saturday. We didn't make it when I wanted to go a couple of weeks ago, so it's on the agenda again.

Homemaking tip for the week: If you buy anything like 'kid's cuisine', weight watchers meals,lean cuisines: When you are done with the containers wash them out and keep them for things like snacks and crafts. The kid's cuisines have different compartments so they are great for snacks like crackers and cheese, apples and peanut butter, etc. I use the containers for paint - a different compartment for each color of paint. They are also great for gingerbread house or cookie decorating time- you can put different candies in each compartment.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): This one at A High & Noble Calling.

Favorite Photo of the week: none this week.

Lesson Learned the last few days: Not every friend you make is forever. Some are here just for a 'season' of your life (kids are the same age and in the same playgroup, work friends, etc). When that season passes sometimes so does the friendship - and it's okay.

On my prayer list: Friend whose dad was just diagnosed with cancer. Friend whose brother in law was just diagnosed with cancer.

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verse:
We all have angels guiding us...They look after us. They heal us, coach us, comfort us with invisible warm hands...What will bring their help? Asking. Giving thanks.
~Sophy Burnham
Visit Sandra at: Diary of SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas