Teacher's Valentine's Day gifts...


Yes, it's that time again. Time to think of teacher's gifts for Valentine's Day. I was in Staples the other day and was perusing their $1 area. I saw small clipboards for $1 each and pads of lined paper for the clipboards for $1 for a 2 pack. Then the light bulb went off! I could decorated the clipboards and use them as teacher gifts. $1.50 for each gift (I don't count the decorations in the cost since I am using paper, ribbons, stickers, etc that I already have-but if you need to buy other things I would add that into the cost.) I gathered all my supplies:
  • Clipboards and pads of paper
  • Mod Podge (I love this stuff!) & foam brush
  • Paper cutter
  • Scrapbooking paper, stickers, ribbon
I cut the scrapbook paper to the size of the clipboard (6"X 9" in this case). I brushed the mod podge on the clipboard and placed the paper on top. I then brushed more mod podge on top of the paper. Then I added stickers and paper shapes and mod podged on top of that. I just kept layering. I added ribbons to the little hole on the top of the clipboard. I used as much ribbon as would fit -about 6 pieces.Here's the pad of paper on the clipboard, ready to use. But all the cuteness is underneath the paper! Below is the back of the clipboard.And here's the front. I wanted them to be for Valentine's but not scream 'Be Mine' so they can be used all year long.

So cute and useful. All for $1.50!

I am linking up to Wendy's Frugal Friday. There are some super cute craft ideas over there.

Comments

Jen said…
I'm a teacher and I would love this!!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas