Books...

LM was selling Girl Scout cookies at our local bookstore today after school. She was there for 5 (!) hours so I wanted to take her a sandwich for dinner. The hubby came with me and we spent quite a while in the store just looking around. A rare luxury indeed.



I decided to splurge on a couple of books. I usually go to the library but the 2 I got are ones I think I would like to keep.



The first book is 'Veganist' by Kathy Freston. You may have seen her on 'Oprah'. I just love her. She helped Oprah's staff go Vegan for a week. Now, I think it might be hard to go totally Vegan but even if I was halfway there I'd be better off. So I'm going to read more about it and then see what I think. I just read this book and it was enough to make me consider giving up meat, if not dairy and eggs.


I also picked up 'One Thousand Gifts' by Ann Voskamp. I am really looking forward to reading this one.



I almost bought 'Mr. Sunday's Soups' by Lorraine Wallace but I felt like I spent enough money and I think this could be a good library book. If I love it after I get it at the library I can buy it. There are some super yummy sounding soup recipes in there.


I also rented 'Waiting for Superman', the documentary that analyzes the failure of the public school system by following several students through the school system. It won the Audience Award for best documentary at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. I hope to get to watch it this weekend.
Are you reading or watching anything good?



Comments

Laurie Anne said…
Hi Debra,
my friend Candy has a blog and it is all about vegitarian and vegan cooking. Thought you might like to check it out :0)
http://www.healthyincandyland.com/
PS
5 hours at a booth sale? Yikes, our troop did 90 minutes and that seemed just long enough :0)
Unknown said…
Hello!

I am learning the benefits of being vegan and your blog helped me so much!

Thanks and God bless you!

Mirella
Seo Portsmouth
Unknown said…
Being vegan is very difficult. But it is possible. Great books!
R.J.
search engine optimisation hampshire

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas