Weekend...

My husband and his friend N took LM and N's two boys to the Coyotes game this weekend. They spent the night. LM said she liked the boys' weekend.

I had big plans. I wanted to read the books I mentioned . I wanted to finish this book. I wanted to go see 'The King's Speech' and use the movie gift certificate my friend gave me. I wanted to clean my office a bit. Big plans.

But you know what they say about the best laid plans. I offered to sell Girl Scout cookies for 5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday (you read that correctly, a total of 10 hours) so there would be enough parents (there has to be 2) in order to keep the booth open. Keep in mind that LM was at the Coyotes game so I didn't have a child boothing on Sat or Sun. Although I know the leader appreciated it and so did the parents I helped out I think I should have only offered to do it once. But I made a committment to the leader (who is also a friend) and I was going to honor it. Even if it meant it would take longer to get those books read. I know with a good amount of certainty that very few, if any, other parents would have done this. I mean, part of the reason my services were even needed is because there were parents that would not help out.

I have to say that I did have fun both days. On Saturday, I took one of the Brownies with me (her mom is the leader and she was out of town) and we boothed with another girl, A, and her mom who I don't get to see much so it was fun to chat during our downtime. And she brought Cinnabons for us for breakfast. :) On Sunday, it was A and her dad since her mom wasn't feeling well. A's dad is Mr. Mom and he's the one who's always at school picking up his girls so we know each other and had a good time chatting.

On Saturday afternoon when I got home I decided a nap was in order. So I laid down for about an hour and then got to reading. I also watched 'Waiting for Superman'. I found it really interesting and a little sad. I think anyone with children in the public school system should watch it. It is eye opening to say the least. If your kids are in a good school you have a lot to be thankful for.


This week is the last week before spring break and I am super busy. I am looking forward to having LM around next week but need to catch up on some things this week.

But first I want to finish book one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas