Advent Calendars...

 

I am a lover of advent calendars.  So when I saw this Stampin' Up stamp set I know I had to have it.  Not that I need to make or buy another advent calendar.  This set has a stamp for each day of December so instead of making a traditional advent calendar I decided to make more of a Christmas wall hanging using each day.  The one above is the first one I made.  I love the pink and green and the plan is that those will be my 'colors' for this year.  I still need a frame for that one - my idea is to get a frame (a cheap one) and spray paint it with my Krylon Glitter Blast in Citrus Dream (a bright green).  I'll definitely be sharing that and I hope it turns our pretty!

The hanging below is framed and ready for gift giving.  I Love the simplicity of this.  Basic Christmas colors and lots of white.  I got a bit more creative with this one - some embellishments, embossing, etc.



For a more rustic or down to earth look I love the one with the kraft background.  Still trying to decide on a frame for this one.  I am sure something will hit me when I am at the store looking.


I think these will make nice gifts for that person who has everything.  Each of these squares will make cute gift tags, too.  I'd love to think of some other ways to use this set.  I'd love to hear any ideas!

I'm linking up to Handmade Holiday over at Just a Girl.

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
these look great, Debra!! These stamps on tags would also look great on a rustic twig or even made into a small garland :0)
Patti said…
love this... will make a great weekend project for my holiday weekend! : ) Thank you for sharing!
These are such a great idea that we featured them over at The Rooster and The Hen for Christmas Framed Projects! Thanks for sharing these! http://www.theroosterandthehen.com/cinnamon-stick-christmas-card-holder/
April said…
So cute! I also love Advent calendars. I would love to have you come link up to my Handmade Christmas party.

http://cupofdelight.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-party-delightfully-handmade.html
You are so creative! I love love love the pink and green!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas