On Being Under the Weather...
But yesterday was another story. Unfortunately, LM had a dentist appointment after school that I couldn't change on such short notice. I tried to lay low for the rest of the day. That was a bit hard since the members of my family didn't realize that I seriously did not feel well. At the end of the afternoon I had had it and finally said 'what do I need to do or say to make you understand that I don't feel well' and that I wouldn't be doing the following:
- I am not going out to the car in the dark to search for your library book.
- I am not washing clothes 'for fun' so you will have your favorite hockey pants.
- I am not making anything else for dinner other than soup & baked potatoes.
- I am not tallying up the Girl Scout cookie form 'right this second'.
- I am not picking up after you.
All of you moms surely get my point. Most of these things can wait (except maybe dinner) and will. Or they can do it themselves. Now there's an idea....
How do you handle 'sick days'?