Warm Up...

Over the past few days we've had the coldest temps in 20 years here in Arizona .  Many other parts of the U.S. have been breaking records as well.  When it's that cold out I always love a nice warm meal at home.  But putting that nice warm meal on a cold plate is no fun.


To keep things warm I pop my (microwave safe) plates and bowls in the microwave for a little warm up.  One plate warms up nicely in about 30 seconds.  If I am stacking up 3 or 4 I'll start with 60 seconds and add more time until the plates are to my liking.  You don't want them too hot though or your food will cool off before you can handle the plates. :)

I also love warming up my mugs for tea or hot chocolate (we still have our hot cocoa bar up)

How are you keeping warm in the frigid temps?

Comments

The Lovely One said…
I can't believe I've never thought of warming up my plates and mugs in the microwave! Duh! That's so brilliant!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas