White...

Coastal Living
I have spent years painting our house.  Almost 14 years to be exact.  It's a never ending task, I suspect.  I have recently decided that most of my colored walls will eventually be some shade of white. Our house is kind of dark due to window placement which in the summer is a big benefit as it gets so warm hot here. But I am feeling the need to brighten things up around here and white seems just the ticket.

Anyone who's done any painting knows that painting something white is no easy task as there are approximately 8 million shades of white to choose from.  I am currently in the looking/paint chip/paint sample stage and have narrowed the choices for my kitchen/dining area down to no less than 8 options.

Stay tuned...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
I totally get the needing to "lighten up". Going from Cranberry to Cream in my kitchen made such a huge difference. My favorite white is Roadster by RL. They have the color recipe at Home Depot. It is such a nice creamy, "warm" white. Good luck with the painting, can't wait to see the pics :0)
The Mrs. said…
Apparently according to my husband there is only one shade of white. Swiss Coffee!!!
Anonymous said…
Who would have thought that there were so many shades and colors of white? It seems like white will brighten up a home and make the rooms seem more airy and light. Hopefully in doing so you will also notice a difference in the heat level in the summer season.


My homepage | Professional Doctorate
Shana said…
I have everything white in my home.
For my walls I added a few drops of
(it was sort of light chocolate milk color) but light enough that if you look at the wall , it looks white, if you look at the moldings then it shows a beautiful difference to that milky white. My couches, dinning chairs are all milky white. Carpets are same white as walls. Bedding is white in every room.
For me it is very relaxing color.
I never post comments on blogs but couldn't resist because I like your ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas