New Year...

Well, hello there!  I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year.  It's hard to believe it is 2016, right?  Even weighing heavier on my mind is the fact that my daughter will be 14 next week. 14.  High school in 8 months. How did this happen?  Moms of younger kids: believe it when people tell you it goes fast.  So fast. Faster than you can imagine.  That, my friends, is an entire blog post.

Today though,  let's talk about decorating for winter.  I finally got my Christmas decorations down.



Oh, how I love that red and green and those sparkly lights.  Yes, I love it.  But after putting everything away I realized that I also  like that bare, sparse feeling and really considered not adding anything back.  I'm still thinking about it but who am I kidding?

I've been perusing the web looking for inspiration for winter decorating.  You know, not quite Valentine's Day but no longer Christmas.  I love using white, silver and natural wood.  I love the feel of this room from Pottery Barn.


Clean but still cozy.

I've also found some great inspiration at Liz Marie Blog.

Simple Winter Kitchen @ Liz Marie Blog
She has actually done an entire series on decorating after Christmas.  And I love her ideas.

So, give me a few days and I'll be back with what I've come up with to winterize our house until Valentine's decor comes out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas