Off the Grid...




It's been a rough week here. It's only Thursday. Often times I think it would be great to live off the grid. Of course, LM and the hubby would have none of that so here we are dealing with all that is life in suburbia.




Lots of craziness that I know we all go through. We all have good days and bad. Monday & Tuesday I was dealing with a pulled muscle in my back. On Tuesday morning I literally could barely move. Everything I did all day was a struggle. I thought about what it would be like to live like that every day of my life, as I know some people do. Knowing the muscle would fix itself I was suddenly thankful to be healthy (actually, I am always thankful for my health but in the moment I sometimes forget that) knowing that there are many, many people who do not have a fraction of what I do. So I stood up straight (as hard as it was) and carried on.



Today has been much better physically but our school district is dealing with the consequences of an override not being passed by the voters yesterday. The way Arizona funds it's school districts does not give them enough money to run the district so they try to have overrides passed to bring in extra money from property taxes. I don't totally understand it but we are looking at a large decrease in funds for next year due to the override not passing. I thoroughly understand the disappointment but our superintendent told the paper some doom and gloom Eeyore thing this morning. Instead of saying something like, 'we are very disappointed the override didn't pass but we are committed to doing what it takes to make sure these children get a top notch education here.' Nope, we have Eeyore as our superintendent here. Again, things could be worse. Our schools are clean and safe with modern equipment and dedicated teachers. We have no gang problems. There are a multitude of programs to assist underprivileged children and those with learning disabilities. We should be thankful. I, for one, am.

And so it goes, today is another day. Another day to be thankful for all that we have and to not dwell on what we don't have. Another day to carry on...


Comments

Anonymous said…
I just woke up this morning with a pulled muscle in my back! Ouch! That has never happened to me before. Hope you healed fast :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas