Inspiration...

I have been working on LM's room for a good while now. She has a new bed, new paint on the wall and a new closet system. She originally said she wanted a pink and brown room so I brought home 32,ooo different pink paint swatches - none of which met her approval ( some design clients can be soooo difficult!) Then her friend S had her room painted tan- I later found out that the reason it was tan was because she couldn't make a decision and her mom had the painter paint the room the same color as the rest of the house. I guess all 8 year olds are difficult clients. So LM wanted a tan room. I painted the room tan (Pony Express by Olympic @ Lowes). I actually love the color.

Still trying to work in the brown (tan) and pink color scheme, I put together her bed with hot pink knit sheets ($9.99 @ JCPenney) and a pink duvet cover she has had for a while. White furniture, brown curtains and lots of pink accessories completed the look. Or not.

I just couldn't put my finger on why I wasn't happy with the room (and why I haven't shown photos of it yet). Then the dog tinkled on the pink duvet and I had to wash the cover and the comforter. I hadn't put the pink duvet cover back on when my mom changed the sheets for me (thanks!)- changed them back to the hot pink sheets and just pulled the white comforter over the pink sheets. Then it hit me..... The GO rooms at the Flamingo. They pop. They are brown and pink and white and so crisp. They are my new inspiration for the room (sans the flat screen). I'll be working on tweaking the room so it also pops like I want it to.

And yes, we spend way too much time in Vegas...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas