Thrift Shop Envy...

 I hear of so many people finding fabulous things at thrift stores.  All over blogland you will see these finds made over brilliantly.  I love the idea of taking something old and making it new and fresh.  Last week LM & I had to run some errands and she asked if we could go to the Hospice Re-sale store in town to find an outfit for under $10 (an idea she saw in her American Girl book "Just Mom and Me").  We stopped by to see what we could find.  I figured I might find some fun furniture or accessory to play with.  Well....

The clothing selection was really sparse, especially for kids.  The furniture/accessory selection wasn't much better and I felt like everything was really overpriced.  I know the funds go to a good cause so that may be why there weren't too many bargains to be found.  I did find some books for a project I am doing for $1 each.  All books, even hardbacks, were $1.  I think that might be a bit high for paperbacks but I'm not sure. But it was an amount I was comfortable with spending.  I picked up 3 of these books for my  project and 2 to read.
 I was so excited to find Kristin Hannah's 'Angel Falls' for $1 as it's a fairly new release and was in pristine condition.  I have read a few of her books and am a fan.

The three older, smaller books are for a project I will show you tomorrow.  Here's a little preview.

I guess I need to hit some thrift stores or flea markets when we go out of town to see if I can find some really great items.  In the meantime I'll keep my eyes open here.  Just in case...

Comments

Telly C. said…
I <3 thrift stores and flea markets! Half of my wardrobe consists of thrift items lol. My mom LOVES books and would have been equally excited about finds like these.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas