Busy Days....



We never travel this light!

August has been a crazy month so far.  LM started school on the 8th.  On the 9th my mom got a call that my Grandma was in the hospital in No. Ca.  On the 10th hubby went out of town for 10 days.  On the 12th LM and I headed up to Ca after school to see my Grandma.  Nine hour drive just the 2 of us. A first.  We stopped half way to spend the night which ended up being a story all its own. We came home on the 14th and I swear we stopped at every rest area in Ca!  Some are quite nice. On the 16th my mom called to say that my Grandma was moving to AZ and I needed to go pick out her room at the assisted living facility so she could move in on the 17th.  She arrived and we spent the rest of the week getting her settled in her new room.  I can't believe that all of this happened in only a week.

We were able to stay at my cousin's house while we were in No. Ca. so that was really nice.  They have a fabulous yard with grass (which we don't have here) so after a day of driving and hospital visiting LM was happy to check out all the fruit trees and run around in the grass.
 We have had a relaxing weekend.  Hubby and I had a date night while LM stayed at a friend's on Saturday night.  We went to see 'The Rise of the Planet of the Apes' AND 'The Help'. We had some movie gift certificates so we decided to use them up since we had the time.  And it is still blazin' hot here so the movie theatre is a great place to be.  Both movies were good.  'The Help' was REALLY good.  I am still reading the book but when the hubby said he wanted to see the movie I jumped on it.
 I have had no time to work on anything DIY or craft related although I have a list a mile long of things I want to do.  I am almost finished with LM's room.  Hopefully that won't be much longer. 
I am hoping this week is a little less hectic.  I am trying to get into my new schedule now that school has started.  Let's hope it happens this week.  Tuesday is my scrap booking day and I am working on getting everything together for my retreat in September.  I want to get a lot done when we're there but it all depends on the planning and organization.  And the time is tickin'.  September will be here in the blink of an eye.

The meteorologist on the news said things will be heating up this week.  Honestly, how much hotter can it get?  Maybe I don't want to know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas