Painting Rocks...

One of the things we wanted to do this summer was to paint rocks.  Just for fun really.  And living in the desert we have lots of rocks right outside our door.  So today was the day.  LM headed out after lunch to pick out a few rocks and I gathered up the paint and brushes.

Paint supplies & rocks.  And the rabbit from "Hop".  Wonder how he got there?

I painted one rock for us to keep.  I used rubber stamps and ink to make a little design.  I kind of like it!


LM painted a rock for her Grandma who just had open heart surgery in June.  Luckily she picked a small one so it won't cost an arm and leg to mail it.


I packaged it up in a cellophane bag with some shredded paper.   I think Grandma will love it!


This activity is really fun, creative and very frugal.  Here's what we used:

  • Rocks from the yard
  • Craft paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Rubber stamps 
  • Stamp pad
I keep old yogurt containers and the like to put paint in when we do these types of crafts.

We had all of these things on hand so the cost was $0.  

And you know I love that!

Linking up to:

The Shabby Nest


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas