Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Fun...

We have two weeks left of summer vacation here.  This summer has flown by faster than any I have remembered.  I guess it's because we've been so busy and have hardly been home.  I really long for the lazy days of summer that I remember as a child.


My mom found this free printable called 101 days of summer fun @ Laura Winslow Photography.  We had big plans for these ideas at the beginning of the summer and then life happened: a quickie trip to St Louis, babysitting class, golf camp, a planned trip to Disneyland with LM's girl scout trip for four days, dentist & hairdresser appointments, a planned road tour of California and the usual household things-like laundry & grocery shopping.  We have also found time to do some of the things on this list.  Like:
  • Family Movie Night (when the McKenna 'American Girl' movie was on NBC)
  • Visit a Museum
  • Staying up late (too many nights)
  • Dance in the rain
  • Make a fort
  • Take a class 
  • Eat Breakfast for dinner
And I think we can still make time for a few things before school starts:
  • Bake cupcakes
  • Water balloons
  • Make a book nook
  • Paint with pudding
  • Make a nature rubbing
  • Make greeting cards for the year
  • Paint rocks
  • Have a sleepover
What kinds of things have you done with your kids this summer?

1 comment:

Laurie Anne said...

This summer has flown by, way too quickly for my liking as well. We have taken a couple of quick trips, but I'm hoping to get a little camping in before school starts :0)