Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Easy Lunch Boxes -Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook

I recently had the opportunity to review the Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook by Kelly Lester.  I became familiar with Kelly and her Easy Lunch Boxes products by following her on Twitter.


I am a huge fan of cookbooks and own too many.  I can also be found with an armful each time I check out at the library.  As with anything, some of the cookbooks are keepers and some are duds.  The Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook (available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon) is a definite keeper.

The eye catching cover is only the beginning of the enjoyment you will discover when you pick up this book. If you are a mom, you will appreciate the fun, easy, fast lunch box ideas.  Each recipe is beautifully photographed and not only shows a picture of the recipe but also sides (fruits & veggies) that would be tasty served with the dish.  I don't know about you but I am always looking for different lunch ideas for my daughter - not only for her main dish but for sides as well.  I know she gets sick of having baby carrots every day.

Who wouldn't love to open their lunch box and find one of these feasts:


I made the Bacon-Cheesy Whole Wheat Pita Pockets tonight for dinner and they were a hit.  I asked my daughter if she'd like to have these in her lunch box and she said yes.  It looks like all of the recipes are fairly quick to make & make ahead of time.  



I am really looking forward to adding some excitement to our lunches and lunch making as I try more recipes from this book.  

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I love cook books! This one looks so fun I have to get it!

Club Trader Joe's said...

I've been seeing that cookbook making the rounds on twitter and a few blogs! I'm going to have to pick it up myself and review it!

EasyLunchboxes (Kelly Lester) said...

Hi Debra! Thank you so much for the swell review of my book! Your Bacon-Cheesy Whole Wheat Pita Pockets look divine and I'm so glad they were a hit! :)