Yes, No, Maybe So...




I've spent this weekend pondering the possibility of helping with our school's winter carnival.  A note came home on Friday asking for help & ideas for the event. I have tons of ideas for the event but I'm from the school of 'if you have fabulous ideas for an event I assume you will also be volunteering to head said event.'

And that stopped me in my tracks.

Last year's carnival replaced our school's long standing fall fair and I had high hopes for the new event because it would be something different.  Or so I thought.  As it turned out, the carnival ended up being the fall fair with snowflakes hanging from the ceiling.  And Christmas music.  I was highly disappointed but kept it to myself as I am also from the school of 'if you don't offer your assistance, don't complain about the outcome of an event.'  I never even said anything to my husband or LM.

So when I heard the group sponsoring the event wanted ideas, I started thinking about tossing my hat into the ring to help and offer ideas.  By late this afternoon, after much thought, I decided that I wouldn't be offering my assistance or ideas to this event for many reasons, but most importantly because I want to be able to spend the time and energy on getting my home ready for the holidays and getting ready for a cookie party/Santa's breakfast for LM and her friends the weekend before the winter carnival.

While it's fun to work on outside activities sometimes we just need to remember our priorities and realize we can't do everything we want, when we want.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Have you ever said no to something you wanted to do but knew you wouldn't be able to give it your all?

Comments

You could always offer your ideas and let them know you wont be able to help implement them.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas