Decorative Storage....

We have our fair share of framed prints and pictures but not so much space to display everything all at once without making our house look like a store. For a while the 'extras' were just leaning up in the corner of our office waiting for a new home. So I thought, wouldn't it be nice if I could display them without actually hanging them on a wall. Then somewhere, and I don't remember where, I saw that someone had put their framed prints in a basket in their living room. Kind of a decorative storage type of thing.

I can do that! So here's how I did it. I bought this basket from Michaels (with my 40% off coupon!) because I liked the size. The color wasn't quite what I needed. Black was more like it. Nothing a can of spray paint can't fix, right? I spray painted the basket black and then added a little tag I made with my Cricut. It looks nice on the hearth plus I remember what I have when I am redecorating since I see the basket everyday. It's also neat if guests look through the basket and ask about different pictures or prints. The one you can see with the grass is a print of Pebble Beach that I got for my husband one year for his birthday. And of course there are pictures of LM in there.






What kind of interesting storage ideas have you come up with?










I am linking up to DIY By Design's Swing into Spring, Centsational Girl's Paint Project Party, Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch & Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charm.







Comments

Eileen said…
This is so pretty. I love the little tag on the ribbon. It looks great.
Kim said…
Love the tag too. Great detail!
Inspiring project and blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas