Easter Table...

I wanted to set a special table for Easter with a fresh, spring-y look. For something really fresh I needed to shop. But I didn't want to spend very much money.

A little background: I needed (wanted?) some new place mats. Something spring like. I had $19 in Kmart rewards dollars so I figured that was a good place to start. Surely I could get everything I needed for about $20, right? Wrong. The selection was s.l.i.m. There was a nice pale blue place mat I liked but there were only 3, I needed 5. And it was $5! Tucked down in the corner for $4 were these black & white toile place mats. Cute, but black for Easter? Hmmm. After standing there for about 10 minutes debating and helping out an older lady who, like me, was disappointed in the poor selection but also didn't want to drive all the way out to Wal-mart, I decided to get the black toile place mats and see what I could do with them. I also picked up 4 white napkins since I knew I could use them to make the table work. Using my rewards I ended up paying $9 for 5 place mats and 4 napkins (I only got 4 napkins because my dad won't use cloth so I'll add the 5th place setting right be fore dinner.)

I like the way the place setting turned out. I didn't have any spring like napkin rings so I went to my ribbon stash and found this Tiffany box blue ribbon that I got just after Christmas @ Michaels (50% off!). Love!!!



I did a little centerpiece vignette here. The Peter Rabbit plate was given to LM when she was born. A perfect touch here.






Grocery store flowers. I just love them. $4 for this bunch.







This little guy hangs on the back of LM's chair. Hopefully the Easter Bunny will leave something in it tonight. (Pottery Barn Kids a year or two ago).










An overview. I am happy with the results especially since I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to make the black and white work. It took a little playing around but I think it works. And I did it for under $15 with a little shopping- at the store and at home.


How will you be decorating your table this weekend??


I am linking up to Wendy's Frugal Friday.

Comments

Patti said…
love, love, loved your table... so pretty and I think the black and white toile was a hit! I am tucking these beautiful ideas away for next year. I am sure your dinner was a success, as your table setting was gorgeous, and all for under $15... way to go!
Diann said…
What a pretty table! Love the colors!
Amy Mak said…
gorgeous - enjoying your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas