Let's eat cake...

My sister got this cake plate as a birthday gift. Cute, isn't it? A lady in town makes them from vintage dinner plates and glassware. She sells them at the farmer's market. Of course, when I saw this lovely I thought "I can do that!" I love the idea of using found items to make something useful. I am headed out to the thrift store tomorrow to find some plates and glasses.



I am sure many of us also have some stray dinnerware and glassware in our cabinets. You know, that one piece of great grandma's china that hasn't broken yet. I think this cake plate idea is a great way to honor that lone piece.



I think a smaller glass and a salad plate would make a fun way to serve cookies at a tea. You could use casual dinnerware and an everyday glass. So many options. I have often seen one plate for sale somewhere but wonder 'what can I do with just one plate?'. I think this is one great way to use it.



I really love the glass that is used on this particular plate. Would love to find a set of them one day!




I am on the hunt for some plates and glasses to use in this project. I can't wait to share what I find. I think these will make great gifts for anyone who loves to entertain. I always love great inspiration for a new DIY project...




I am linking up to Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday & Not Just a Housewife's Show Me What Ya Got.

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
What a cute cake plate. I've also seen them made with small bowls and tea cups for bases. What a fun project. I love to see old dishes get a new life
:0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas