I could be a judge...



on American Idol (big aspirations!) I called it last night on the Wild Card show. I thought the judges would pick Jasmine, Megan, and Anoop. And then, when Matt and Anoop both got called up at the end I said "they better make it 13!" And they did. The didn't necessarily pick the people I would have picked but I knew they wanted to round things out with different styles/genres. It should be a good season. Lots of talent. There is no Michael Johns this year so I probably won't be totally hooked (really). I didn't really pay much attention to David Cook until he sang 'Billie Jean'. I mean, if you can make a Michael Jackson song sound good you must be talented. Which brings me to next week's Idol. Yes, they are bringing out the Michael Jackson songs. All I can say is thanks for the warning. I have never been much of a fan of his so I don't plan on tuning in (really). But it should make for good entertainment.

I broke my new year's resolution not to watch Idol until they were down to six, obviously. You know what they say about resolutions. I did have good intentions...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
At least there is a pretty big catalog of songs with Michael Jackson. I must say I'm not a big fan of AI, but when they have specific artist theme nights it seems especially brutal to watch. My favorite is after someone sings, they total rail them for their song choice. I wish someone would just say, "hey, you made me sing these songs". Worst theme night was Queen. If you are not Freddy Mercury, you have no business singing a Queen song. When they have more genere nights (like in the first couple of seasons) that seems to work better in my opinion.
:0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas