Letting Go...

Today I took my taxes to my accountant for the first time EVER. I have always done my own taxes. Even before Turbo Tax. Even when I graduated from the 1040A to the 1040, with itemizing. Why pay someone to do what I can do? What I like to do? I love doing my taxes. I find it very challenging. I don't always like the results but I like getting there. I do taxes for my family (all that will change with new laws). I would do them for you if you asked. I love it. (I am sure there is therapy for that.)

So why did I take them to be done this year? Well, like so many other people (especially moms), I try to do too much. There's only 24 hours in a day but sometimes I think there is more (or should be.) So, I am letting go. Of a lot hopefully. The first of those things is my taxes (and yours). Take me off your mailing list, Turbo Tax. I am done. Maybe not forever but at least for this season of my life.

We all talk about saying 'no' more. But how often do we really do it? For me, it's more like all talk and no action. But I am starting to choose the things I want to do, not what I feel obligated to do. Selfish? Maybe. Maybe not. The thing I struggle the most with is the school activities. I volunteer in LM's class once a week - it's only for about an hour though. And I like doing it. And I know the time will come when she won't want me to be in her class. I have volunteered to be the PTA secretary next year (which I am sure I will regret, if I don't make people mad and get fired).

Like everything else, it all starts with one baby step. First the taxes, then who knows what else. Maybe I will un-volunteer for the PTA gig.

Now there's an idea...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
We have our taxes done, we have a rental, and it is the BEST money spent. As for the PTA, good luck with that :0)
Anonymous said…
Letting go is a good thing :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas