Robin Hood...

Disclaimer: I mean no offense to anyone.
This weekend LM asked me what a Democrat was.
Hmm, I knew I needed to explain this in a way an 8 year old would understand and not in a cynical, 40 yr old way.
So I said: "A Democrat is someone who believes that the government should help out people who need it, like the poor, and use taxpayer money (I explained what this was) to do it. They believe that everyone is entitled to have certain things (I didn't elaborate on what those things were).
And she said, "Oh, like Robin Hood."
YES, indeedy, just like Robin Hood.
(I am sure this isn't the definition according to Webster, but I thought it explained it in a VERY broad sense).

Comments

Jane H. said…
Hahah explaining politics (especially to kids) is always hard; it's good to take a lighthearted approach toward it, like you did.

I started a blog that I think you might like too. It combines fashion and giving back to charities. Each week, I will give away 1 Lilly Pulitzer dress (this week it’s the Pink Adelson Shift from Spring 2010) to one lucky follower, who raises awareness of the blog's selected charity through various ways such as tweeting about it or commenting with an interesting fact. I am currently also giving away some great Lilly stationary items too. Please check out my blog at www.shop4charity.blogspot.com because doing good is chic!
Tina Leigh said…
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is toooooo smart!!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas