The Old Homestead...


Last night we were watching an episode of House Hunters and the couple was looking for a new house in my husband's hometown, near St Louis. It was fun seeing if we recognized any of the streets or homes. After the show I asked him if he'd ever like to move back there. His response? "I don't have a job there." The man is not a daydreamer. I said, "if we HAD to move back there would you want to live in Webster Groves?" He said, "I don't know."


So, I started thinking what kind of house we could afford there (we are not moving). I logged onto realtor.com , plugged in Webster Groves, a price range, bedroom & bath criteria, etc. Well, what to my wondering eyes should appear but...... the house my hubby grew up in!


Yes, the old homestead is on the market! It was neat to see how it's changed. The funny thing is that when my mother-in-law sold the house about six years ago we were under the impression that the new owners were going to tear down the old house and rebuild. It needed ALOT of work at that time. It looks like they just remodeled and finished the basement. It looks really nice.


Where we love is home-

home that our feet may leave,

but not our hearts.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
Very fun. My mom found her old house in California on a real estate website and was surprised that it still had all the original tile work and fixtures :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas