Easy DIY desktop accessory...

We have graduated from Pottery Barn Kids to Pottery Barn Teen around here.  LM loves perusing the catalogs and when it was time to get new bedding she chose it from PB Teen.  The newest PB Teen catalog is full of fun inspiration like the little jars below.  I didn't see that they were for sale in the catalog but I knew I could make my own version of them for little or no money.

Pottery Barn Teen
I used a jar I had on hand along with chalkboard and craft paint.  I painted the inside of the jar with white craft paint and the lid with Martha Stewart's 'pool' craft paint.


I painted a square in the front with the chalkboard paint.  After letting the paint dry I was ready to use this little container on LM's desk.


I only made one of these but I think it turned out so cute that I'll make a few more.  I had all of the supplies on hand so I spent no money on this. 

I'm linking up to Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest & Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas