Valentine Tree


Last night LM worked on Valentine's for her classmates while I worked on this little Valentine 'tree'.  I mentioned the project here, knowing my tree would be completely different from the original.  And it definitely is.  When I spotted the inspiration piece I thought the tree was made out of clothes pins (yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, but it was before I got my new glasses) and I had it stuck in my head that I would make a tree with clothes pins.  So that's what I did!


I had the red glitter & pink clothes pins on hand.  The red and white ones are regular old clothes pins to which I mod podged scrapbook paper.  The hearts are made from some scrapbook paper scraps.  I attached the clothes pins to a lolly pop stick (the kind you buy to make your own pops).  I bought nothing new for this project - you have to love that - well at least I do!


I think the thing I love the most about this project is that after the holiday I can disassemble  the entire thing so I don't have to store it throughout the year.  I like that because I do like to make new things each year and if I don't want to use this next year I don't have to feel guilty about it.  If I do want to use it I'll recreate it - either exactly the way it is or change it up.

For the next week or so though, I will really enjoy this.

I'm linking up to the Inspiration Party at the Craftberry Bush, Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home and Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas