Valentine Tree


Last night LM worked on Valentine's for her classmates while I worked on this little Valentine 'tree'.  I mentioned the project here, knowing my tree would be completely different from the original.  And it definitely is.  When I spotted the inspiration piece I thought the tree was made out of clothes pins (yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, but it was before I got my new glasses) and I had it stuck in my head that I would make a tree with clothes pins.  So that's what I did!


I had the red glitter & pink clothes pins on hand.  The red and white ones are regular old clothes pins to which I mod podged scrapbook paper.  The hearts are made from some scrapbook paper scraps.  I attached the clothes pins to a lolly pop stick (the kind you buy to make your own pops).  I bought nothing new for this project - you have to love that - well at least I do!


I think the thing I love the most about this project is that after the holiday I can disassemble  the entire thing so I don't have to store it throughout the year.  I like that because I do like to make new things each year and if I don't want to use this next year I don't have to feel guilty about it.  If I do want to use it I'll recreate it - either exactly the way it is or change it up.

For the next week or so though, I will really enjoy this.

I'm linking up to the Inspiration Party at the Craftberry Bush, Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home and Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kitchen Backsplash Reveal...

How do you like me now?

My Favorite Things....