February Menu Planning - An Update...


Well, it seems as though I forgot that Lent started in February when I was doing my February Menu Plan.  Which explains why I had hamburgers on the menu for Friday night - a no meat night - or as we call it around here "Fish Friday".

It is widely known that Catholics must abstain from meat on Fridays during Lent.  We try to follow that here at September Acres.  So I have switched around my menu for this week so we'll have salmon for dinner.  This past week was a bit tricky since I just realized my error Thursday night.  Now, don't judge me but I headed out to Safeway Friday afternoon and found the fish stick aisle and purchased our fish.  LM had a basketball game so it was a nice, quick meal to put together before the game.  It's been a couple of years since we've had fish sticks - LM was thrilled but my husband was just reminded of his childhood when they had fish sticks every. single. Friday. night. Thirteen kids means there's not a lot of lobster or shrimp on Fridays.

Even with a well thought out menu plan we're bound to need to make some changes here and there.  But rest assured that I will be better prepared for Friday nights during March.  No fish sticks, I promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas