Seen and heard around our house...





I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. Mine was nice and relaxing.




This transaction took place over the weekend:






Daughter: I have four babies.




Me: Really, what are their names?






Daughter: Matthew, Matthew, Matthew, Alice and Melissa






Me: Oh, but that's really five babies.





Daughter: Oh,yeah.





Those are all her baby dolls. When she got her first doll she named it Matthew, even though it was a girl. And so it went with the next two. This past Christmas came the Bitty Twins and I thought we would have two more Matthews but she chose the names Alice and Melissa - whew!








This is the first Matthew. She is wearing one of the Bitty Baby Matthew's outfits. She has been dragged literally all over the world. She still seems to be the 'go to' baby when one is needed.


She has started asking for the bigger American Girl Dolls but I noticed that the suggested age for them is 8+ so maybe I can wait a couple of years so she can enjoy the Matthews and twins for a while longer.




Yesterday, I noticed the neighbors across the street had a Dora doll house in their trash. I was hoping my daughter wouldn't notice it but as we drove out of the driveway she commented on it. The neighbors have a daughter who was just six & I guess she is done with the doll house. It's so interesting how different kids are even at the same age. My daughter still plays with that doll house on a daily basis. So you won't see ours in the garbage any time soon.



We received order forms for a YEARBOOK yesterday. In kindergarten??? I am sure it is a fundraiser for the school (did I say that out loud?) but I think that we just don't need one (not for $20 anyway). All I have is this vision of 13 years of yearbooks in my house for ....ever! Now, I know it's been a few years but when I was in school we got year books in Junior High (that's what it was called back then) and High School - that's it. And that's how I'd like to keep it.



I just got a call from my daughter's Daisy scout leader and she has to cancel the meeting today as her younger son is sick. So my long day just got a little shorter... Have a good one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas