The sound of football...


I think every sport has a distinct 'sound'. If I am in the kitchen and my husband has the tv on I can usually identify the sport just my the sound. I wonder if that's a talent?? Last night I heard the sound of football. The Cardinals were playing the Saints in a preseason (I don't know who won, sorry). Earlier every year. Which is okay with me - I love football. But I have to admit it is hard to really get in the spirit when it's 110 out. But I try.
I am a big 49'ers fan even though they have had some dismal years. The heydays of Joe Montana (our dog is named Montana), Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott are long gone but they have to get better eventually. I keep saying that. Living in AZ I really want to like the Cardinals. I really do but it's hard. I am liking that Kurt Warner is there - such a great guy.
I was thinking about who my favorite player is now. I keep coming back to Brett Favre. The 'retirement' debacle aside, he too is a great player. He is the last of that great QB dynasty (Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, etc.) The new QB's are great but it's not the same. I like that Brett Favre was born in the 60's too (just barely). Makes me feel not as old. haha
So I am looking forward to another football season. College and pro. It's one of the things I think that makes fall such a neat season...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
I love football too. There is just something about cool crisp air on clear fall night that makes football all that more magical. In the house I grew up in we could hear the bands playing during the games, it was very fun. We have yet to go to a Seahawks game. The past few years have been fun to watch. Hassleback finally has his stuff together. I really enjoy college football. Every year we look forward to the UW v. WSU game. It's not quite Michigan v. OSU, but it's close :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas