Re-Upholstered...


I tackled my first re-upholstery project a couple of weeks ago.  It was really more like re-covering since it was super simple and no-sew.  I have to apologize for the poor quality of these photos.  They were taken on my phone.  I really need to get my camera out from now on.

I have had this little bench for almost twenty years and the entire time it's been covered in this fabric.  I've never been in love with it but only recently did I decide I wanted to do something about it.

I went to Hobby Lobby to look for some fabric.  I had something bright and geometric in mind.  But I don't always hardly ever end up with what I have in mind.

                                          


This black, grey and brown circle print is what I ended up with.  My husband actually pointed it out saying he liked it so I decided to give it a try for two reasons:
  1. He never says he likes anything home related so I figure when he does he must really like it.
  2. He went to Hobby Lobby with me.


I really love the way it turned out and it couldn't have been easier.  I pulled the seat off, cut the fabric to fit and stapled the fabric on with the staple gun.  Ten or fifteen minutes at the most and it was done.


It was so easy that I am considering recovering our dining room chairs now.

I also have a bigger, honest to goodness upholstery job that I am considering tackling.  I haven't quite got up the nerve for that one, nor have I found just the right fabric.  Maybe I should take my husband back to the store to help me...

Linking up to Sundae Scoop @ I heart nap time & Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas