St. Patrick's Day and a Recipe...



I have always loved St. Patrick's Day.  It's a fun holiday without the expectations of Christmas or Valentine's Day.  No gifts to be bought and wrapped.  Just a little fun.  And these days, a little fun means a little cooking or baking.

I love this scone recipe from Alton Brown.
Source


2 cups flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

3/4 teaspoon salt


1/3 cup sugar


4 tablespoons butter


2 tablespoons shortening


3/4 cup cream (I have used whole or 2% milk as well)


1 egg


Handful dried currants or dried cranberries


Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and 


shortening. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Stir in 

fruit. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds. Bake for 

15 minutes or until brown.

The thought of scones always intimidated me but a few years ago I took the plunge and have never regretted it.  Then I found this recipe and it's my 'go to' scone recipe now.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kitchen Backsplash Reveal...

How do you like me now?

My Favorite Things....