St. Patrick's Day and a Recipe...



I have always loved St. Patrick's Day.  It's a fun holiday without the expectations of Christmas or Valentine's Day.  No gifts to be bought and wrapped.  Just a little fun.  And these days, a little fun means a little cooking or baking.

I love this scone recipe from Alton Brown.
Source


2 cups flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

3/4 teaspoon salt


1/3 cup sugar


4 tablespoons butter


2 tablespoons shortening


3/4 cup cream (I have used whole or 2% milk as well)


1 egg


Handful dried currants or dried cranberries


Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and 


shortening. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Stir in 

fruit. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds. Bake for 

15 minutes or until brown.

The thought of scones always intimidated me but a few years ago I took the plunge and have never regretted it.  Then I found this recipe and it's my 'go to' scone recipe now.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas