Great day..

Isn't this a cool picture? We went up to the mountains this morning for the day to meet our friends who have a cabin up there (lucky ducks- maybe one day...) It is only an hour drive and it's like a different world. We went to brunch at the 'lodge' up there. It was yummy and the cinnamon rolls were fab!! While we were eating, 2 elk came right up to the dining room window. All the kids went over to get a closer look. I was so happy I remembered my camera so I could get this picture of my daughter looking at the elk. It is such a fun experience for the kids (not bad for the adults either). With so much tv, video, computers, etc it's nice to get out in nature. I love that even with the buildings and humans that the animals just roam around. Besides the elk we saw deer, lizards, rabbits, blue birds, woodpeckers. The kids had fun playing outside - just running around and looking at things. So simple. What a great day.


I got this picture as we were walking into the restaraunt. It is my husband and daughter (she's the little one) and my husband's friend and his 13 yr old daughter. I love the girls walking with their dads. It's so sweet. And they are two great dads who love their girls. I love to catch people from the back, too. It is so natural. I would love to do a whole scrapbook of shots from behind one day.
After we got home we caught the end of the Davidson/Kansas game. I love to watch college basketball but just don't do it too much anymore. I was bummed that Davidson lost. I always love an underdog. But they played a good game.
Well, I am off to read a bit and hit the sack. It's been a busy weekend so I am tired - a good tired. And I am anticipating a really busy week...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
What a great weekend. I'm not much of a hoops fan, but Washington State made the sweet 16 for the first time this year. What make college hoops so much more fun to watch than the pros is the speed of the game. It is always a fast break. No elderly players wanting or needing to slow things down :0)
.. said…
Sounds like you had a nice weekend~
The pictures you took look fab.P.S.
I love reading your blog
*carrie* said…
Debra,

I really enjoy watching college basketball, too. We don't watch the regular season, but we definitely follow March Madness and my husband, his siblings and all the spouses fill out brackets each year. So much fun!
.. said…
Hi Debra,Just checking in on you...
I've been checking in on your blog for a while now and noticed that you haven't posted in a while.Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas