My 15 minutes of fame...

I just got back from my debut on the local radio talk show. I went to talk about the garage sale our hockey league is holding this weekend. What fun that was! The guys who do the show are really funny (I listen to them alot) so it was fun to be on the 'inside'. I even got to stay when my segment was over AND they let me talk!! The topic was the standardized tests that they do in the public schools here. Kind of controversial. But as so many times happens the topic just kinds of blossoms - we ended up talking about how so many kids don't get enough sleep or good breakfasts, making it hard to learn. A real passion of mine. Especially now seeing the kids in my daughter's class that are yawning by 8:30 or hungry even before then. I gave them my card and told them that if they ever needed to have an extra mouth on air to give me a call!

After I got home I got a phone call from Lands End regarding my return. I posted a while back on trying to find jeans for my daughter. Well, I loved the jeans they had but the sizes (3 of them) didn't work. I think I have nailed down the right size now but it is getting warm here in AZ so she won't wear jeans for a few months now. So, they just called to see if they could help me with anything. I figured they were just determining whether or not I was really crazy for buying 3 sizes of the same things. But that wasn't the case. I thought that was so very nice, especially in this day and age of poor customer service. So, kudos to Lands End!

My husband is having a vasectomy today. I am sure he appreciates me telling everyone! One friend called me today to wish him luck! Her husband has been through it before and she said mine could call if he had any questions. Poor guy! I don't know about anyone else but my husband is quite the baby when sick. I sure hope he doesn't act like that after this. :) He will be home tomorrow from work but I am at my daughter's school. You know how it is when they're home - it's nice to have them but if kind of disrupts the routine. I am sure he'll be fine tomorrow camped in front of ESPN.

I am off to the doctor's now...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
How exciting. I'm glad you had such a good experience, hopefully it will turn up other opportunities :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas