Potato Famine...






I had to run to the store on Friday to pick up a couple of potatoes for the corn chowder I was making. Easy enough, right? Two potatoes was all I needed.




I entered the produce department and head to the potatoes. Lots of sweet potatoes but someone beat me to the last two russet potatoes. The last two potatoes. I started to wonder if we were having a potato festival this weekend and I just didn't get the message. Luckily, I found a bag of russets on sale so I could still make the chowder.


I wasn't at my usual store. I stopped at this one to also get this beautiful $7 fairy tale pumpkin. I still can't believe it was only $7. I just love it. (Please excuse the half dead plant below!) This wasn't the prettiest pumpkin there but it did have the BEST stem. I really think a pumpkin is all about the stem.

So, the whole potato famine was worth it to get this pretty pumpkin...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas