Where did the last 6 years go?




My daughter will be 6 tomorrow. Actually in just a couple of hours since she was born at 12:22 am. Where exactly did these years go? It seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital. I know it sounds cliche. I wonder if it will feel like that forever? This will surely be her "Build a Bear" birthday. She is getting two gift cards and she got this cute little birthday set along with a darling little pink bag (which I think is for a pet but she insists on taking it in place of her backpack to school tomorrow). I let her open those 2 items today since a friend from out of town sent them. I am going to put this pink poodle where she can see it when she gets up and put the gift card we are giving her in the poodle's lap. I am sure she will be so excited. I am taking cookies to school tomorrow and then we have a small family party tomorrow night. Then Saturday is the 'big' party (6 girls as of now). I am glad I scheduled the party at 2 so we have the morning to get things in order and ready.
I sure would like to sit and write all night but I am just about ready to fall over. I woke up at 3:15 and couldn't get back to sleep plus it has been a busy day so I am done! Good night...

Comments

Kellie said…
Welcome to the blogging world, Debra! I have a kindergartener/daughter too who will be 6 in late July. I don't know where the time went either. I like your post about your daughter's family tree homework -- my little one calls the dog her "sister" too!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas