They grow up so fast...




Eighteen weeks into kindergarten and she decides she can do her homework by herself (the fact that they have homework in K is a whole different post!) My daughter has a homework sheet that comes home each day - the same sheet for a week. Each week a couple things change but it's basically sounding out words, sight words, nonsense words, etc. We finished her sheet before dinner and she started working on her 'family tree' (yes, more homework). She wasn't quite finished with putting the pictures on the family tree so we ate and she resumed her work after dinner. When it came time to write the names next to the pictures she did that all by herself (except for asking how to spell Grandma & Grandpa). AND she did not want me looking over her shoulder at all. She finished her family tree on her own & then proceeded to take out her homework sheet and do the entire thing a second time on her own. She was at the dining room table and I was in the kitchen washing the dishes so I could hear everything. WOW! It is amazing what they have learned in such a short time. I was really proud of her. And, yes, there is a dog on our family tree. The teacher said they could put siblings as 'apples' on the ground so my daughter asked if she could put her dog on there as her sister.
Well, I am certainly up later than I wanted to be. Of course, an hour was spent watching 'Supernanny'. I haven't watched it in ages but this one was pretty good. It was the first one I remember where the parents actually follow through. I wonder where they are now... Even with watching that, I wonder what happened to the nine o'clock hour. It seems like it was 9 and then, boom, it was 10. So, I am off to bed now. Tomorrow I volunteer in my daughter's class room. It is my first time since they have been back from Christmas break. She is always so thrilled to have me there and I do enjoy it. Tomorrow they have a 'perfect attendance' assembly for attendance during the 1st semester. I am not sure if the kindergarteners go to it or not. Of course, I don't see the need for it. I mean, aren't they supposed to come to school everyday??? I think I am just too old fashioned (or maybe just too old -haha).
Sweet dreams....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas