15 Pairs of Jeans...


This has nothing to do with "27 Dresses", although it is getting to be almost as comical. By the way, "27 Dresses" is a really cute movie if you haven't seen it. Anyway, I have been on a mission to get my 6 year old daughter a new pair of jeans for about 4 months with no luck. Just something she can 'toss on' with anything - wear on the playground - just really basic. No rhinestones, characters or plumber's cracks (a big thing here!) Let me tell you it is hard! My daughter is not one of these skinny little things that can wear anything (just like her mom) - she is tall and stocky. Add to that our shopping choices (Walmart, Kmart, and JC Penney - which is closing so they have gotten no new merchandise since Christmas) and things get really tricky. I have paid a fortune in shipping to find these jeans. I think I have hit on these from Lands End, I just need to get the size right. I just ordered the 3rd size from there and hoping that the 3rd time is a charm. I have my fingers crossed! I just hope that it doesn't get too hot for her to wear them after all this work!
Speaking of clothing, today she told me she is not 'fashionable'. What??? She is in kindergarten! Where does this come from, I ask? Of course, I think she always looks really cute. I ask her, "who is fashionable ?" Her answer is a friend in her class named Faith. Well, I am thinking that this child is not fashionable so I am not sure why she says this. So I ask, "what does she wear that is fashionable?" Answer, "She has a 'Bratz' t-shirt". Oh, now I understand! HA I just tell her that we don't do Bratz and leave it at that. How many more years of the clothing battle do I have???

Comments

Kellie said…
I am so-oo-ooo laughing at this post right now. We don't do Bratz either. And I'm incredibly picky about what my 5 1/2-year old wears too. Lots of Lands End dresses. Plain pants (no low cut) and the shirts have to be cute, not too old or covered in characters. No shoes with heels. That kind of thing. I always tell everyone that we are going to become Amish because I can't stand little girl clothes now! So you are not alone! I'm just wondering how long I can pull this off before she starts begging for big girl clothes. And FYI -- I have the jean problem too. It's so hard to find just "play clothes" jeans that stay up on my tall daughter as well. Let me know how those Lands End jeans work out!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas