Comfort food...


I hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day! Our day has been good which is more than I can say for the weather. We have had a beautiful last few days but it just couldn't last (darn groundhog!). Today we awoke to lots of wind, clouds and cold! So that's where the comfort food comes in! As I write this I have a pan of homemade mac 'n cheese in the oven. Perfect food for the not so perfect weather.
Today I was in my daughter's class all day. They had a Valentine's party and gave out their Valentine's. It was a fun day and it wasn't until I was handing out backpacks at the end of the day that I realized "these kids have been REALLY good today". Even the ones who are somewhat challenging were behaved wonderfully. I guess they are getting ready to be first graders. We do now have enough candy to rival Halloween. I put it in a 'candy jar' and divvy it up one piece at a time, one day at a time. It will last until well past Easter. We got my daughter some books and a United States Bingo game for Valentines. The game is fun and pretty educational. We played it this afternoon & had a great time. One of my pet peeves (I don't want to offend anyone) is how so many Americans have no clue about this great country; they can't name the states, capitals,etc. I don't know why it bothers me but it does. So I want my daughter to be well versed in this area. Plus she has so many relatives and friends in different parts of the country. It's nice to know where Grandma lives.
Well I am off to enjoy that mac 'n cheese while it's still hot...
PS. I do know about paragraphs & when I write these blogs there are sepatations in my paragraphs but the post doesn't always show that. I will try to figure out why and fix it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas