It's been a long day...



My daughter & I were up and out a little before 9 am and for all intents and purposes arrived home at 5:10 pm. We made 2 stops at home to drop off things and check on the dog but the rest of the time we were shopping ('errand' type shopping, not 'fun' shopping) or in the car. We did meet my husband and dad for lunch which was a nice break. I want nothing more than to go nowhere over the weekend (not going to happen as we need food). Didn't make it to the grocery in all that time.




This is why we needed to check on the dog: the little bandages on her back paws are there because she had problems getting up in the kennel and rubbed her pads raw and they bled. Needless to say, she is having a rough time getting around. She will fall in an akward position and not be able to get up & she trips over anything that is in her path. I removed one of the bandages this afternoon but the paws were still bleeding so Dr Debra had to fashion a bandage for her using gauze and tape my husband uses for hockey sticks (he did happen to have some in pink) It's a lovely sight. Just one of the many reasons I am not in the medical profession. I will look at her paws in the a.m. If needed we'll run over to the vet and have then put a new bandage on.


I am on a mission to find a dress for my daughter to wear to my Grandma's funeral. I have found one I like at Gymboree but will probably run out to Dillards on Monday to see if they have anything before I order this one at Gymboree. My plan is to have her wear it for her Christmas pictures too - with a Navy cardigan. It is really hard to find something that I feel is appropriate for a funeral. Everything I see is to 'sundress-y' if you know what I mean. And those are the good ones. Lots of mini call girlish things out there these days. Yuck. And it should be hot so I want her to be comfortable but appropriate. Luckily, I have something to wear so I only have to hunt for one outfit. Oh, and of course, I don' t want to spend a fortune. Good luck to me. :)
Time to hit the sack for what will likely be another busy day tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas