$17.98...

Not too bad for all this, I think. The condiments were all on sale & I had a coupon for each of them - so I am stocked up for a while. Little Miss has been asking for Kool-aid since I don't buy soda for home. I gave in when I saw Kool-aid packs 10 for $1 AND I had a coupon for $2 off sugar when you by the Kool-aid. So for $1.49 I got 10 packs of Kool-Aid and 5lbs of sugar. I still think Kool-aid is better than soda- at least I can control the amount of sugar that goes into the pitcher. It's not water but it's a nice summer treat.

I feel the need to explain a couple of the purchases since I go on and on about eating healthy & organic when possible. :) First, the Doritos were on sale for $1.88. We are going to the mountains for the 4th and LM & my husband like to have chips w/ their sandwiches. They are definitely a treat around here & I figured $1.88 was a great buy. Second, the milk. I have said in the past that organic milk is non-negotiable around here. Then I saw that my store had a 1/2 gallon for 88 cents. Yes, they did. Being me,I struggled with making a choice between the budget & our health. When I saw that our store's milk does not contain growth hormones I felt better. When it's back to regular price I go organic since the savings is not as much- but 88 cents versus $2.49- that's my kind of savings.

My husband is trying to cut back on what and how he eats. He was motivated by his friend, N, who, at 42 has six pack abs for the first time (his words, not mine). N did the P90X system that you purchase from TV. Bill is considering it too. Until he makes his decision he is trying to eat better. I can really see it. He is ordering iced tea and salads at lunch and requested fruit or fudgesicles after dinner. I am really excited as I have tried since we have been married to get him to eat better. He even spoke the words, "I really should eat breakfast everyday." He's on his way...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas