It's All Fun and Games....

All Little Miss asked to do while we are on vacation was go to Chuck E Cheese. Since we don't (thankfully)have one in our town I thought we could go while we're here. We headed out Wednesday morning and went to this fun aquarium first. It was really neat. They have a little pool with stingrays which we could 'pet'. That was a hit for Little Miss. Lots of neat fish & a shark tank - I swear one of the sharks was looking at us like 'my, you all look tasty.' :)

After we left the aquarium we headed off to Chuck E Cheese. I have only been one time about 12 years ago with a friend and her kids. I remember it being noisy and not too fun - probably because I was not yet a mom. So I was prepared for the worst! I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean (a biggie for me), well laid out, had nice, helpful employees and tons of games for the kids. We had brought our coupons that we cut out of the paper a few weeks ago - LM ended up getting about 45 tokens. 2 hours of fun for her. She did stop by the table to eat a piece of pizza. They had us all 'locked' in so I wasn't worried about LM too much - We picked a table that gave us a good view of most of the place so she was able to come and go as she pleased and not have mom watching her every second. She collected alot of tickets and had fun picking out her prizes. It was a good time for everyone (my mom was nice enough to go with us).

I was also able to fit in a trip to Pier 1, which we also don't have in our town. I always love going there and could come out with tons of stuff if I am not careful! I was looking for some small, white ramekins which I found for $1 each. Yes, that's what I remember about Pier 1, back in the day. I got a cute little wooden painting with our initial on it for our living room - it has a red background so I figured it was meant to be. I hope I can make it to World Market before we leave to look around.

Today will be a bit less exciting for LM I am sure. She is now planting flowers with my mom and then they are off to the park and library. Fun for sure, but no Chuck E Cheese. My sister and I have mani/pedi's scheduled for noon. Then we'll go to an early dinner and watch a concert in the park. My kind of day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas