Back...

We got back from our trip to Newport Beach this afternoon. It was a fun trip with great weather. Time to get back on my schedule and start eating right. Little Miss is out of school all week for fall break so my schedule will be a little off this week. But I'll do my best to keep things semi-normal. I'll post some pictures later this week. We went to a sandcastle building contest on Sunday and I had to take LM's picture in front of every sculpture so there's lots to show.

We got back about 4 and everyone was ready for dinner but of course, I had no food in the house. I received a flyer from my grocery store with coupons in it and I noticed one for fried chicken (I am starting to eat right tomorrow, not today)- 8 pieces for $3.99. Great deal, I think. And I had some broccoli to steam so I thought it wouldn't be terrible. So LM and I run to the store to pick up the chicken. We arrive about 5:30 pm only to find NO CHICKEN. They had baked but not fried. Since my husband won't eat the bake I had to go to plan B. Wait, I had no plan B. But, I am thinking to myself "WHY in the world would you advertise something and not have it at 5:30?" - people are getting off work and stopping at the store to get dinner. I was fuming, I tell you. There is a little Chinese food (already prepared)section so I pop over there to pick something up. It wasn't a whole lot better over there but I was able to put together the '3 piece combo' and go on my merry way. I am still ticked about the chicken though. I mean, they advertise it, they should have prepared tons of it at that time of day. They were making more but it was going to be 20 minutes. That would have been okay had I been doing other shopping but it just didn't work for me tonight. But I still think they should have had it ready when customers would be looking for it. UGH.

There, I feel better...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas